Do you know, what happens if you don’t activate windows 10? If no, in this article, I will explain the consequences of not activate the Windows 10 operating system and solution for it.
You might have probably thought of using windows without activation. Do you know how long you can use the Windows operating system without an activation key?
If you don’t activate Windows 10, then you won’t receive any updates. The features will be limited and a watermark will be displayed on the screen indicating the user to activate windows. It’s vulnerable to use Windows OS without activation.
In this blog, you will know in detail if you won’t activate the windows operating system and solution for it.
The older versions of Microsoft’s operating systems like Windows 8 doesn’t ask for activation key while setup process. So you can skip for that moment and activate it later.
But in windows 10 you will be regularly notified to activate the windows. You can use the full-featured version of windows 10 for 30 days but after that, you will have certain limitations.
What happens If you don’t activate windows 10 (Limitations)
- A white colored watermark will remain at the bottom right corner of your computer/laptop, stating Activate windows.
- You will regularly be notified to activate your windows. I cannot tell you the exact number, but surely you will be annoyed by its regular reminders.
- When you open the notification panel in settings, you will see a pinned message windows isn’t activated, activate now.
- You won’t be able to access any personalization tool ( It will be faded out, which means you can’t access it). So you won’t be able to change wallpapers, themes, screen lock wallpaper and many more.
- You won’t be able to access specific applications or features/tools.
- There are fewer chances of receiving an update. (Depends upon what sort of nulled windows version is that)
- Eventually Slows down your Computer/laptop if you use the cracked or nulled version.
Using a nulled or free version of windows is a major security threat. The attackers can integrate viruses and access to your system secretly.
So it’s too risky to download and install the free version of Windows from torrent and other vulnerable sources.
The main demerit of not activating a window is one step towards insecurity. You won’t receive any security patches update. So you will be highly insecure digitally. Also, there will be a high chance of losing your data.
Solution and precautions
I can’t state a specific solution but I can surely explain to you the precautions to be followed when using a non-activated version of the Windows operating system.
- If you bought a new laptop or computer, but you are still facing the error/watermark stating Activate windows. Then you can contact the provider or seller who sold you the device.
- Don’t download software or files from unsecured or unauthorized websites. Mainly I recommend you not to use torrent for downloading at all.
- The final and legitimate solution is to buy the product key and activate the windows.
Pro Tip: never shutdown your PC while a windows update or during product key installation. it may lead to serious damage to system files.
If you are using
If you don’t know the procedures to buy a windows product key or license key, then visit their official website and go to the support panel. (see the procedures)
So concerning the common interest of people, we have answered the frequently asked questions regarding the consequences of not activating the windows operating system.
Frequently asked questions
You can use the full-featured version of windows 10 for 30 days. After 30 days, you will have certain limitations and a lack of tons of features. Also, you will be notified daily to activate your windows.
The windows 10 home version will cost you $139, while the pro edition will cost you $199, and the windows 10 pro for workstation costs $309.
It will eventually Slow down your computer/laptop if you use the non-activated version. So the answer is YES, you will feel laggy or can’t run applications smoothly.
If you can’t see a watermark stating Activate windows, then your windows is activated. Also, if you can access the personalization tools in settings, then your windows is activated. These two indications are the significant factors to determine whether the windows OS is activated or not.
Concluding the whole topic, lastly, I would suggest you not to use the free, nulled, cracked version of the windows 10 operating system. So I guess you are clear by now, and you have surely got the idea of limitation if you don’t activate windows 10.
Still, if you have any confusion regarding the windows activation procedures or have any queries then feel free to ask us in the comment section.