In recent years Microsoft is working broadly to expand its business. They have mobilized cloud storage and cloud computing technology.
Approximately 1.5 Billion people use Microsoft in which office 365 holds 1.2 Billion users and 75 Million users of Microsoft teams as of April 30, 2020.
About 65% of users use the activated windows operating system.
Pro tip: Don’t think about the consequences of not activating windows 10. Just activate it so that you won’t bear any consequences.
The most commonly used application, Microsoft Word, and Excel are Microsoft’s useful productivity services.
This article will tutor you to stop MS word or MS excel from opening on startup in windows 10.
But before that, have a look at the history of Microsoft word.
History of Microsoft Word
Microsoft Word was initially released on October 25, 1983, by Microsoft. It is a word processing software that helps users create Word documents. It was the first WYSIWYG ( what you see is what you get) word processor.
Due to its unique and time-saving tools, it came to rise in popularity. They grabbed the new customers and ruled the marketplace of word processors.
Now, MS word is also termed as word included with office 365.
How to stop Ms word from opening automatically at the start-up
Due to some specific default settings, MS Word or MS Excel automatically opens upon startup then opens a blank document. It isn’t very pleasant for users.
So, to solve this issue, you need to change the default settings of sign-in info.
Follow the below-mentioned steps sequentially to disable MS word from opening in the startup.
- Go to the search bar on the taskbar and search Settings and click on it.
- Click on Accounts.
- Click on Sign-in options.
- Now, scroll down and disable the ‘Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update or restart.’ (As shown in the screenshot below)
- Congratulations! Now you won’t face the same issue again.
Note: It is similar to other Microsoft Applications too. The same procedures are applicable for MS Excel and rest Office 365 products.
How to Stop Ms word from opening automatically from Task manager
- Go to the search bar on the taskbar and search Task manager and click on it.
- Click on startup.
- Right-Click on MS word and click on Disable.
How to Stop Ms word from opening automatically without using Task manager
- Go to the search bar on the taskbar and search StartUp Apps and click on it.
- Now, Find the MS word or any Microsoft product and disable it.
Still not solved?
If still your issue isn’t solved, then you may have probably included the file in Pin to start.
- Check whether you have created the shortcut file of MS Word/Excel. If yes, delete the shortcut file.
- If you have set your document file in Pin to start, then try deleting it.
Disabling the Startup apps will be fruitful for you. It eventually reduces the startup time and makes faster load time when you restart your PC.
Also, you will prevent yourself from being frustrated due to running unwanted apps in the startup.
I am sure that you disabled the MS word from opening in the startup. I think you did so, a huge thumbs up for you. Also, comments down, “Yes, I did it.”
I will be happy to know that.