If you are fond of games, then you might have probably used the discord application. It is a VoIP application, objectively developed to communicate with teammates during and outside of games.
Discord drastically increases the efficiency of users. It also helps users make game plans, organize tournaments, purchase gift cards, and many more.
In this article, I will explain to you the solution for discord audio cutting out. Also, its popular features. But before that, let’s discuss the reason for Discord is a popular application.
Why is Discord so popular?
Firstly, Discord is a free application available on both desktop and mobile versions. Moreover, it takes up minimal CPU and has an easy user interface. Most features are under a single roof like chatting, video call, screen share, Live, and many more. It can be termed as a combination of skype and slack.
What is Discord Audio cutting out?
It means that you won’t be able to communicate with your teammates efficiently. Here, you won’t have a clean audio transmission, which means the voice call will be interrupted. To fix the issue firstly, you must update the Audio drivers or restart the discord app.
How can I fix the discord audio cutting out issue?
To solve this irritating issue, I have listed the best possible ways to troubleshoot and solve the issue. Try all the below-mentioned procedures and get an affirmative result.
Update your window’s audio drivers
Usually, the drivers are outdated. So it faces processing errors, which leads to various annoying problems. So, update the windows operating system or system drivers regularly. You will face many errors if you don’t update windows and drivers.
But what if you close your pc during a windows update? Well, you will face tons of consequences and system errors. So try your best to avoid it.
These are the steps to update the audio drivers in windows 10.
- Click the Windows + X key on your keyboard.
- Click on the device manager.
- After you click on the device manager, search for sound, video, and game controllers.
- Click on the greater-than sign ‘>’ near the sound, video, and game controllers.
- Now, you will observe the list of options. Right-click on the High Definition Audio Device ( System audio driver) and click on Update Driver.
- Now, click on the search automatically for the updated driver software, and wait until the update terminates.
Note: The driver name (High Definition Audio Device) can be different for you; it depends upon which system you are using.
Restart Discord application
In some cases, there can be issues in the protocols. So in those sorts of cases, you need to restart your application and solve the issue.
These are the steps to restart the discord application.
- Right-click on the taskbar and click on task Manager or press CTRL + ALT + DELETE key.
- Now, the taskbar will be popped-up on your screen.
- Navigate to the processes tab (the default one).
- Now, find the currently running application (Discord).
- Right-click on the discord and click End task.
- Now, open Discord and do some audio checks to check whether the issue is solved or not.
Check the discord server status.
Not every time, but the discord server gets interrupted and causes problems in the application. Apart from audio cutting out, server interruptions can cause other issues too.
If the procedures mentioned above aren’t in favor of yours, check the Discord’s server status. If you can see the tag all systems operational, then the server doesn’t have any flaw.
So head up to the next procedure.
Change the server of your channel.
- Open Discord.
- Click on your server (your channel).
- On the top left corner, you will observe a down sided arrow, click on the arrow.
- Click on server settings.
- Near the flag of the server, click on change.
- Now, choose a different server, keep changing the server until the discord audio cutting issue is solved.
If your friends or teammates are having the issue simultaneously, the server is probably down.
Re-install discord application
Re-installing the application is probably the most annoying procedure I can suggest to you. Though it’s time-consuming, you might get your problem solved.
Steps to uninstall Discord
- Open the control panel, and click on uninstall a program under Programs.
- Find out Discord from the list.
- Right-click on Discord and click uninstall.
- Now, wait until the dialog box gets prompted on your screen, indicating that you have successfully uninstalled Discord.
Steps to Install Discord
- Visit the official discord website and download the latest version.
- Run the setup.
- After the installation is completed, open the application and login with your account.
Check your headphones or earphones.
I guess this topic should be at the top. Since it’s a hardware issue, I kept it at the bottom line. So firstly, test your headphone/earphone with a different device or using a different application.
If you have the same issue on other applications, consider having the issue on your audio device.
I assure you that you are having some confusion regarding the discord app. So I have answered the frequently asked questions on Discord.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, Discord is safe for your child. Unlike other social media, Discord is censored and used in a controlled environment. You can join the server on your own, and you won’t be forcefully added to any server.
No, you cannot kick the owner of a particular discord server until and unless you have authority. The owner has the highest authority and ranks on the top. So there is no possible way to kick out the owner from his/her server.
You can have only one owner in a discord server, but you can assign it to someone as the owner. Then, the designated person will have the same authority as the owner.
Let’s wrap up
The discord audio cutting issue is the most common error that a discord user faces. Though the developers have received numerous complaints, there isn’t any bold action regarding the issue.
I guess you have identified the cause and probably solved it. If you successfully crushed the discord audio cutting out the issue, then a big thumbs up. Also, comment down “I did it,” and I will surely acknowledge you.